A participant from Germany

As someone whose body started protesting very loudly about 15 years ago every time I eat heavily processed foods, I have long been used to studying ingredient lists in detail.

This circumstance made me aware of the Open Food Facts project, and I have already noticed that my participation in it has not only increased my awareness regarding the topic of food, but also related areas, such as the avoidance of waste from to-go products.

Unfortunately, I donโ€™t have any special skills to offer Open Food Facts other than the conscientious addition and editing of every food product I can get my hands on.

4 Likes

Hi @Bartolomeu, welcome :slight_smile:

Participating users are at the heart of our community ! You are more than welcome. Every contribution makes the project more useful.

Maybe if you want to give a special hand, you can join the quality team :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is an actual team? :thinking: Ok, sign me up! :slightly_smiling_face:

you can signup to a daily mail here: Data Quality Daily subscription

There is also a #quality-data channel on our slack.

1 Like

Welcome Bartolomeu !

Iโ€™m slso from Germany.
I can can you recommend the books of Udo Pollmer (e.g ISBN:9783000575495, which also contains the common additives not included in the integredient list), which help me to avoid some ultra processed foods.

2 Likes