We are slowly building some kind of teams dedicated to some topics: internationalisation, moderators, data quality, and many more. But we have been told by many people they simply do not want to use Slack (they are more than we expected).
I think we could use the forum for this kind of teams/groups. The forum has interesting qualities:
- it allows more structured discussions
- it is more asynchronous: we don’t have to deal with the tyranny of immediate answers
- topics (threads) allows to better filter information than on Slack (you only read the topics you want)
- notifications by email is very interesting: there is both a weekly summary and the possibility to receive daily email for some categories
I suggest we could change the
- create a
- create sub-categories of
Themes: Data Quality (or Database), Producers, Communication, Events, etc.
These themes could contain both:
- questions and answers about each theme,
- but also discussions by people who want to contribute/want to be part of the people working on it (teams).