My suggestions for Open Prices

Hello!

I really like Open Prices and I think it would be possible to make it even better!
Here are some of my suggestions:

• Let users pick a location and filter the prices to be shown within a 10 km radius. (Why 10 km? Answer here)

• Hide prices that are older than 3 months, under a collapsable list for example. Then list prices from newest to oldest.

• Add cool stats in user profiles, like the number of different stores the user has added prices, the total amount of all the prices the user has added, the main brand of the product…

• Detect type of products and add small icon : for beauty products, pet food, food. Add link to the corresponding projects.

• Add a page with a map that shows where stores with existing data are located (and number of prices)

• Add a page that list products that don’t exist on OFF

• Extend the “search” page : currently we can only search with barcode, make it possible to search by keyword and/or categories

• Create a smart taxonomy and link products that are similar but with different weight, for example a page for Nutella that would list the price of all the jars with different weight.

• Extend fresh produces taxonomy for meat, fish + make it more precise for vegetables and fruits (caliber, category…)

• On OpenFoodFacts, if a product has a price on Open Prices, add a link.