Suggestions for improvement (German)

At this point I would like to set up a thread in which I will gradually list the things that I notice about the OFF website itself (and which seem to me to be in need of improvement).

1 Like

The organization “Conservation International”, with which Starbucks, for example, works on coffee issues, is missing from the “labels” category.

As you can see, they also have a very stylish logo.

Also missing from the “Labels” category is the German “Klimaneutral” (climate neutral) label, which is appearing on more and more products.

Looks very chic too, doesn’t it?

If I want to enter the Nutri-Score in the “Labels” category, the system always suggests A/B, B/C for selection, etc. I vaguely remember that the labeling on the products used to actually be like this. Nowadays, however, it is always just single letters A, B, C, etc. However, the website does not accept single letters. It would be good to adapt that.

Perhaps this would also mean that the Nutri-Score of the product itself would more often correspond to what the OFF side calculates. Because things are often very different at the moment.

The “Becher” (cup) is missing for entering the shapes of packaging material.

In German, for example, it is called yoghurt cup.

If I now enter “Becher”, the system turns it into “Kanne".

However, in German, cups and jugs are fundamentally different things.

The “Milchmischgetränk” (mixed milk drink) is missing for entering at the categories.

The official name of all the latte macchiatos from the refrigerated shelf in Germany, which is also stated on the products, is Milchmischgetränk (mixed milk drink).

Simply because 80% of it is milk.

Currently I always write “Eiskaffee” and “Kaffeegetränk” but that’s actually not correct.

The “Too Good To Go” label also seems to be slowly becoming more widespread on products.

https://www.toogoodtogo.com/en/look-smell-taste

Hello!

conservation international → done
klimaneutral product → done but could not find logo to download (wiki or their website)
nutriscore → already done, try to write “nutriscore a”, it should work, normally
becher → done (now, will be translation for jug)
Milchmischgetränk → done (now, known as translation for latte macchiatos)
to good to go → done

The corresponding PR: taxonomy: tax_world_forum_request by benbenben2 · Pull Request #9668 · openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-server · GitHub
They will be in next release, probably.

I am not often looking at the forum, feel free to create issues directly on GitHub, or to ping me on Slack if nobody apply your suggestions.

And thank you for your suggestions!

1 Like